Thursday, July 30, 2015

Just an update.

The last time I posted a blog, I was in Ohio and if y'all read my post about the Ohio State University, you'd know I love the state. The reason why I'm posting today is because I wanted to give my readers a little update for what's going on with me. I was unemployed for about six months. This period stemmed from when I was terminated from my position at a Utility pole inspection company, at which I was well liked by my coworkers and disliked by my GM for some reason. Maybe it was because I had been late a few times or maybe it was because my productivity dropped heading into the winter, or maybe it was because he just didn't like me. I don't know, but he sure as hell fired my ass off of a technicality. The reason why I was "let go," wasn't for any of the reasons that I mentioned previously. Oh no. I was fired because I wasn't wearing my person protective equipment. (PPEs) which I get it, sure. The company doesn't want their employes to sue or anything like that, over an injury that could've been avoided because I was wearing my gloves or my safety vest. The thing is, no one wore their PPEs. The most someone would wear was their hard hat or possibly their vest in a high traffic area. So, I was fired for doing something that everyone else was doing. Anyway, long story short I was fired on Christmas Eve and didn't find employment until I went to a job fair in Indy, where I was hired at a vacation company. I was a telemarketer and I hated interrupting people's dinner's with my speech on a timeshare. Also, I couldn't dip, so I dipped my ass right out the door and from there I was unemployed. I didn't get job offers until June. I applied at a few places and got some interviews which led to hirings and then leaving my position to find something better. I finally stuck with a security company and I still work there to this day, but that wasn't enough. I needed more money. So I got hired on at a lumber yard. I still work here too. I'm really appreciated at both jobs and I get thanked for my hard work all the time. So, there's your update. Indy Dipper, out.

No comments:

Post a Comment