Sunday, June 14, 2015

My Thoughts on Dip

The facts about tobacco are mind blowing. Dipping tobacco is often thought to be an alternative to smoking, yet that Ian necessarily true, but It's a carcinogen, it causes tooth loss and your gums start to recede. It's an addictive substance. Which is what makes it so damn enjoyable. The reason I started dipping was because I thought it was cool to do. My dad dips and has done so for as long as I can remember. I thought it was cool because my dad did it. The cowboys in the westerns I watched when I was little chewed tobacco. (Two different forms of smokeless tobacco, which if you are an outsider of the dip community, you wouldn't know this.) So, because of all of my role models, I made the assumption that using chaw is cool. Now that I have used the stuff for almost two years, I have come to a conclusion. It's not cool. I love it though. It takes the stress away. It makes me feel bliss in an utterly stressful world. It's just amazing. So, that's what I'm thinking right now. Indy Dipper, out!

1 comment:

  1. and with your Dad having not one, but two scares with gum cancer. You both still chew....Amazing isn't it?

    ReplyDelete